Are you looking for a location to celebrate your wedding that is beautiful, environmentally friendly, and comfortable?
Here at Common Ground Center we offer a unique setting that stands out from other venues with breathtaking scenery and spectacular buildings. A place where your family and friends can gather, relax, and celebrate for a whole weekend while enjoying nature, exclusive site use, and each other.
Common Ground is located just 30 minutes from Burlington, VT, allowing for easy travel for family and friends coming from far away. Our facility is open from mid-May to mid-October and can accommodate up to 150 guests - 117 of whom can stay right on site in cabins and our Eco-Lodge! Our new Eco-Lodge is available to rent year-round and is the perfect location for an intimate winter wedding.
We have a state-of-the-art commercial kitchen, which allows you to have ultimate control over meals and food by hiring your own caterer. Common Ground has a resource packet of local caterers and vendors to help with wedding planning.
Our site speaks for itself! Call our Rental Coordinator today to schedule a site tour at 1-800-430-2667. Weekends during our high season (mid-May to mid-October) tend to fill over a year ahead of time, so don't delay--call today!
Click to download our wedding brochure or give us a call and we're happy to mail you one!
"We loved how we could tailor and decorate each space to create a unique celebration. My grandparents stayed in the Eco-Lodge, my little nieces and nephews loved the cabins, and the whole group enjoyed swimming in the pond. A truly magical weekend and better than I could have ever envisioned. Thanks Common Ground!"
Melissa ~ Vermont
"We are so very happy to have found Common Ground Center -- it was the perfect place for us and for our family! Not only is the place itself enchanted, but you have all been more than kind and helpful to us! We thank you so very much. And you can expect us at Family Camp sometime!"
Megan & Reagh ~ Vermont
A few reasons why other couples have chosen Common Ground Center as their wedding venue....
- Upon arriving, guests are greeted by mountain views and eight solar trackers that provide 100% of our electricity. Common Ground Center takes "eco" weddings to a new level - to read more about our green ethos, click here.
- Our versatile spaces and ceremony sites! The Dining Hall features a bamboo dance floor and can seat up to 165 people. This building also has a large screened in porch ideal for cocktail hour.
- Our cathedral like, tastefully renovated Hay Barn provides a sacred space for indoor ceremonies.
- Want to get married outside? You can choose from many open fields all with breathtaking views of the Hogback and Green Mountains. Many couples select dates in September and October to take advantage of the unparalleled Vermont foliage.
- Guests can stay right on site! On site tours, you can poke into each of our 20 unique cabins that can sleep up to 86 people. These cabins were designed in collaboration with Yestermorrow Design Build School in Waitsfield, VT, and were built with wood from our land. Click here for photos.
- The new Eco-Lodge, which can sleep up to 31 guests in seven guestrooms that have electricity and private bathrooms, is a great space for bridal parties, grandparents, and families traveling with babies. The Eco-Lodge Common Room is a warm and inviting communal space for evening activities, rehearsal dinners, and more. To learn more about the Eco-Lodge, click here.
- Common Ground, which is on 700-acres, has miles of hiking trails to explore, a two-acre swimming pond, a campfire pit, a wetland site, a creek that borders our property, basketball court, and two Har-Tru tennis courts. Guests can truly unwind and experience Vermont at its best!
- Common Ground Center is a nonprofit family camp and has 560 acres of land in the Vermont Land Trust, meaning it will never be developed. The fees you pay to rent our site support our mission and protect the environment. Click here to learn more about Common Ground Center.
We look forward to helping you host your event!
Call us today for more information - 1-800-430-2667!
Check out our wedding video by Blue Sky Weddings & Events!